The Orion system was developed and designed on a Web-based platform to meet the needs of major organizations.
It is based on the .NET Framework and designed to be n-tier, scalable, distributable, robust and capable of being implemented on multiple servers or on a single computer (in large and medium-sized organizations we recommend using one server for the database and another server for the web application).
The requirements of the technical specifications necessary for the use of the Orion eAPI system are:
- Internet Explorer 7 or higher that is compatible with the following doctype:<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN” “http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd”>
- Microsoft Framework.net 3.5 or higher
Servers (Database / Web Application)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 or higher
- IIS com support a ASP.NET
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or higher (32-bit and 64-bit versions)
- Framework .net 3.5 or higher
- MS-Chart Component
Orion system will perform better on a local network, allowing access to network internal and external computers. For external access, the client must establish a well-defined security policy and firewall rules.
Site to Site Access (Frame-Relay type)
Because Orion system is web-based, it can be accessed by using a web browser and a frame-relay network acting as a local network. In this manner, different sites can have access to information centralized in the Orion.
Orion system can be accessed externally or remotely. For this configuration, the company must have VPN access through the IP acquisition of the local network where Orion is installed. This configuration facilitates Orion queries for employees who are working outside the plant.
Orion system can be hosted on a service provider with full integration with your local database. This configuration facilitates administration and reduces the need for the acquisition of resources.